For 2018, Southern California league teams should learn to love PINK. Specifically, hot pink.
A color war has broken out across the nation, with 17 colors assigned to the 17 USTA Sections. Teams that advance to Nationals are asked to incorporate the colors into their outfits or tennis gear. To promote this color camaraderie, players will also have matching wristbands to trade with opponents throughout the tournament.
Hot pink is the color for Southern California teams. As a tribute to the color wars, hot pink was on full display at the Adult 18 & Over Sectional Championship at Los Caballeros Sports Village this month. Players checked in at a tournament desk decorated in hot pink pom-poms and had plenty of opportunities to pose with pink party props throughout the event.
Teams that won at Sectionals will advance to various facilities across the U.S. to compete for a national title. The winning teams received information packets on their National Championship, which also included their pink wristbands and reminder about their role in the color wars. You can track the color wars online with the hashtag #USTALeague.
Congratulations to all of Southern California’s winning teams!
- 3.0 Women – Beach Cities – Manhattan Country Club
- 3.5 Women – San Fernando Valley – Party at the Net
- 3.5 Men – San Gabriel Valley – Underdogs
- 4.0 Women – San Gabriel Valley – Chow Fun-Aye
- 4.0 Men – Orange County Weekend – Lower Peters Canyon
- 4.5 Women – San Fernando Valley – Braemar
- 4.5 Men – Orange County – Body Shots
- 5.0 Women – Orange County – Los Cab
- 5.0 Men – Orange County – Dream Killers