Starting in July, the Los Angeles and Orange County league areas will run a league pilot for players ages 18-39. It’s the SCTA’s latest initiative to engage millennials in tennis.
The 18-39 league will be familiar to our current league players and friendly to newcomers! Captains will give out team numbers and players will register on TennisLink. Players must have a rating (computer or self-generated) and be qualified for the NTRP level of their team. This league, however, caps the player age at 39, so your opponents will be your peers. This league is also open to non-members, but every player must have a USTA number to register. Non-members may sign-up for a membership number on TennisLink without paying a membership fee, but will be charged a higher entry fee for the league.
Both leagues will run with the same format: three lines of doubles (men’s doubles, women’s doubles, and mixed doubles) with two sets and a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set. Both leagues will start in early July and end in August. Each league will host its own kick-off party, so players can network and start the league with a bang.
See below for a breakdown of the two leagues:
- Matches will take place on the weekends
- Captains will be in charge of securing a home facility
- League will employ combo rating levels (6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0). This means a 7.0 team could have 3.0’s, 3.5’s, and 4.0’s all on one roster to allow larger groups of friends to play together on one team
- Pre-season party is scheduled for June 23rd at MountainGate Country Club
- No team? No problem! Sign-up with our introductory team number (6517261593) and we will place you on a roster!
- Contact Lori Andelson and Michelle Kramer for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matches will take place once a week, but captains are responsible for scheduling and securing a home facility
- League will employ straight-level teams (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0). This means better competition against players of your same level!
- This is a no default league, meaning we will schedule 2-3 make-up dates throughout the season where all defaulted lines can be made-up. So more opportunities for player parties….
- Pre-season party is TBD, but date and details are coming soon!
- No team? No problem! Sign-up with our introductory team number (6517265289) and we will place you on a roster!
- Contact Heidi Stryker for more information (email@example.com)
We are excited to get this new program off the ground and hope to bring a lot of players back to the game. For any questions, feel free to contact Madeline Segura at the Section Office (310) 208-3668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.