(Telephone)818-509-0230 – (Fax) 818-509-0260
NEWS & NOTES
SAVE THE TENNIS COURTS
- Groundbreaking -The Zev Yaroslavsky
- Los Angeles River Greenway Trail
- Creating Public Access & Restoring Native Habitat
- Coldwater Canyon to Whitsett Avenue
- Saturday, November 1st, 2014
- 11:00 A.M.
- LA River across from Whitsett Firestation #78
- 4041 Whitsett Ave, Studio City, CA
A critical component to saving the tennis courts at Weddington Golf and Tennis is to show local support for the Greenway adjacent to proposed development south of the tennis courts. (Whitestt to Coldwater) There is a distinct connection between access to this greenway and opposition to the development of 200 Condominiums.
The community, 400 strong, turned out for the Studio City Neighborhood Council meeting and spoke in opposition to the destruction of the tennis courts and open space.
NOW we ask as many as possible to attend the groundbreaking ceremony naming this portion of the Greenway as the Zev Yaroslavsky Los Angeles River Greenway Trail.
Councilmember Paul Kerkorian and other elected officials are expected to attend each of whom will be a part of the process in deciding the fate of the tennis courts.
Going forward, the SCRA and Save LA River Open Space will keep you informed of critical involvement necessary to preserve this open space.