Registration is open for the USPTA San Diego Division Convention on March 4 at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club. Coach Wayne Bryan headlines the program with a presentation and free clinic for kids. The event is from 8am to 3:30pm and the registration fee is $50 for USPTA members (before February 22), and is $60 after that date. The fee is $87 for non-members. Any pro that brings eight or more kids to the clinic will receive a registration fee waiver.
Adding a new twist to the USPTA agenda is free kids clinic from 7 to 9am led by Coach Bryan. Kids will have an opportunity to play and then watch great college doubles matches at the Pacific Coast Doubles Championships on Court 1 at the same club. This is the second oldest tournament in the United States featuring today’s top college players. Then, the kids are welcomed to attend Wayne’s presentation from 10:30 AM to noon, as well as watch more doubles.
Cari Buck, the Vice President of the USPTA National Board of Directors and the Director of Marketing for the Southern California Tennis Association, will be the keynote speaker. She is an expert in her field, and is well-versed in the USTA’s Net Generation brand of tennis.
The USPTA Convention platform offers the following:
- 7 to 9am- Free Clinic
- 8am- Registration
- 8:30 to 9:30am – College Coaching and Drills with Marcelo Ferreira
- 9:30 to 10:30 – Solutions to Teaching Doubles with Stan Oley
- 10:30 to Noon – Dead Ball Feeds, Drills and Games with Wayne Bryan
- Noon to 12:30pm – Awards Lunch and Keynote Speaker with Cari Buck
- 1:30 to 2:30pm- Racquefit – The Tennis-Body Connection with Dr. Greg Rose
- 2:30 to 3:30pm- Wilson Advisory Staff- Jake Martin, Wilson Rep