The Southern California Tennis Association is pleased to announce the formation of a Youth Tennis Council and we are looking for the future leaders of our Section.
The Council will be formed by young leaders from all parts of Southern California with different opinions and experiences, incorporating a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, strengths, and passions. They will represent the voices of the Southern California tennis youth.
The initiative will:
- Provide a link between our tennis youth and the Section
- Provide a link between youth and community providers
- Develop leaders on and off the court
- Train adults on the strength and power of youth-adult partnerships
- Plan and implement a Teen Summit that will bring teens across Southern California to learn, network and develop solutions to the challenges facing the tennis youth.
We believe that the junior athletes within our Section are competent, capable, and care about what happens in their tennis community and community at large. If you know someone who is ready to be a peer leader within the USTA Southern California section, please have them submit an application.
The completed application must be completed and received no later than Feb. 11, 2019. Any applications after this date will not be considered.
*Please note we are looking primarily for Sophomores and Juniors in High School.