For 2018, the USTA is launching a new national adult tournament that leverages the NTRP rating system as a way to create level-based competition at the 18 & over and 50 & over age groups.
NTRP national champions will be crowned in men’s and women’s singles and doubles at the 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 levels in both 18 & over and 50 & over age groups.
The NTRP National Championships will be held in the spring of 2018. Dates and Locations:
- 18 & Over: Surprise Tennis & Racquet Complex, Surprise, AZ | April 6-8, 2018
- 50 & Over: Academia Sanchez-Casall Florida, Naples, FL | April 20-22, 2018
About the NTRP National Championships:
- Men’s and women’s 18 & over and 50 & over
- 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 divisions
- Singles and doubles
- Non-elimination draws with two matches per day Friday through Sunday
- Fast Four: Best-of-three sets to four games, no-ad scoring, tiebreak at 3-3 all
- Tiebreak is first to 5 points, win by one
- Eight four-player round robins and that play into four eight-player compass draws
NTRP Rating Validation:
If the section is not hosting a section championship, player will use his/her year-end rating the year prior to the national championship.
- Self-rates are not eligible to participate.
Road to the NTRP National Championships:
Qualification into the NTRP National Championships will be handled by the sections. Please reach out to your section to find out how to qualify!
Details regarding the Southern California selection process will be posted shortly.
- Linda Milan, email@example.com
- Maria Goldberg, Goldberg@scta.usta.com